Senior Sustainability Consultant
Stroma Built Environment provide environmental monitoring, performance testing and energy consultancy services to the construction industry. Supporting our clients throughout the project lifecycle, we can help you to manage regulatory compliance, environmental sustainability targets and building performance requirements - continuing our support once the building is in use.
Location: Wakefield/ Kent/ Remote
Duties & Responsibilities:
We are seeking a Senior Sustainability Consultant to join our Energy Team, to work with our client base to lead their sustainability goals for new and existing non-domestic buildings.
This will involve producing energy assessments, summer overheating consultancy and general carbon reduction and sustainability reporting. It is essential that you have excellent communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships with colleagues and clients. A consultative approach is essential with the ability to work with clients to give input into energy strategies across their construction projects and existing estates.
- DSM/SBEM (BRUKL) Part L compliance calculations and reports
- IES DSM Models to produce outputs for TM59 compliance reports
- Production of reports to compare alternative design solutions for both new and retrofit projects
- Assisting clients with achieving zero carbon/general ESG objectives
- Delivering necessary level of billable work on a monthly basis
- Assisting clients' understanding of the regulatory understanding of AD Part L, Part F and Part O
- Supporting junior team members
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities
You will need:
- Minimum Level 4 NDEA qualification
- Working experience of IES-VE DSM
- A strong understanding of Government policy and Building Regulations concerning energy and sustainability
- Experience delivering Summer Overheating assessment to CIBSE TM52 & 59
- Experience in LZC technology selection and the compilation energy strategies and statements
- Life Cycle Assessments and Whole Life Carbon Consultancy
- Psi Value calculations for thermal bridging calculations
People are at the heart of Stroma and our staff are the foundation of this business. If you feel that this is the right opportunity for you then apply today!
We aim to represent the diverse communities we are part of and welcome applicants from across all sectors of the community. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce brings with it a diversity of ideas, thinking and ways of working which enhances what we do.
Should we receive a large number of applications, we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the closing date.
Competitive (depending on experience)
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Healthcare Cashback
- High Street discounts