Stroma Built Environment provides comprehensive consultancy services for acoustic design advice, noise assessments and are UKAS accredited to undertake sound insulation testing (see our UKAS scope of accreditation).
Acoustic Testing and Consultancy
Stroma Built Environment provides acoustic consultancy services across the entire RIBA stages of a construction project.. We provide architects and design teams with initial strategy reviews and appraisals of architectural drawings along with design advice including detailed Stage 3 and 4 design reviews, noise assessments for Planning and noise and vibration chapters for Environmental Impact Assessments.
We can evaluate proposed wall and floor construction / details to identify risks of non-compliance and advise on improvements to meet Approved Document E and project specific acoustic requirements, whichever is the more stringent. We provide UKAS Accredited sound insulation testing in accordance with the requirements of Approved Document E. We excel in providing:
- Acoustic design support throughout the construction lifecycle.
- A nationwide team to reduce lead times, offering highly competitive fees.
- Acoustic expertise across the entire range of sectors including education, residential, healthcare, commercial, retail, and more.
Noise, Vibration and Dust Monitoring (NVD)
Stroma Built Environment work with clients to assess potential impacts, identify cost-effective solutions, and advise on appropriate mitigation of noise, vibration, and dust risks for demolition, construction and infrastructure projects. We can provide consultancy on COPA Section 61 compliance and we work to ensure our clients meet with National Standards, Policy, and Planning Frameworks, as well as Local Authority Planning Conditions and other environmental requirements. We can help:
- Provide cost and time efficiencies by mitigating unnecessary restrictions and conditions which may increase costs.
- Reduce potential for complaints and / or claims from third parties which may lead to penalties and/or litigation.
- Avoiding formal action which can lead to poor reputation / record which could impact future tenders.