Stroma Specialist Access provide IRATA qualified rope access inspection teams for BD97/12 Levels 1 and 2 Scour Assessments. Enabling data to be surveyed and collected to determine the risk ratings of the riverbed, nearby structures, and environmental factors.
- Topographic survey of the bridge and its existing scour foundations and surrounding riverbed.
- Geotechnical information and testing of bridge foundations and the riverbed to determine whether undercutting of abutments or piers is likely.
- A hydrological analysis to determine extreme flows within the river channel.
- A hydraulic model of the watercourse to determine the velocity of water running through the bridge structure during peak flow if not already available.
- Removal of the debris deposited during flood events, including when the river is in spate.