Stroma Built Environment is working with clients from early concept stages to ensure environmental sustainability is a vital design consideration for new and existing buildings.
Acting as part of your wider design team, we carry out strategic sustainability and conceptual design reviews to mitigate environmental impacts from pre-planning stages, and to help secure planning permission for your project. These include:
- Air Quality Assessments
- Electrical Thermography
- Drone Surveys
- Measured Building Surveys
- 3D Modelling
- Topographical Land Surveys
- Indoor Air Quality
- CWCT Onsite Testing
Air Quality Assessments
Stroma Built Environment provides Air Quality Assessments for residential and commercial projects to determine air quality risks at early stages in development. Supporting clients to meet air quality mitigation and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) targets, as well as other environmental regulations. Services include:
- Desktop reviews of air quality using existing monitoring data.
- Identify receptors that are affected by the development.
- On-site monitoring of air quality to provide baseline data.
- Air dispersion modelling of transport and plant emissions as agreed with Local Authority.
- Air quality monitoring during construction and/or operation.
- Air quality mitigation measures associated with the design, location, and operation of the development.
- Air quality assessments of the construction phase, including detailed mitigation plans.
Indoor Air Quality
Stroma Built Environment is providing Indoor Air Quality Plans and Assessments for both new and existing building projects working towards achieving up to two BREEAM HEA 02 credits. Undertaking an indoor air quality assessment identifies many potential issues that may affect the health and wellbeing of a building’s occupants., the environment and the air we breathe.
Air Quality Consultants use the latest IoT Sensors to monitor and review:
- Testing for harmful gases, such as volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and formaldehyde.
- Monitor CO2, NO2, PM, TVOC, temperature and humidity levels affecting internal environmental ventilation conditions against the WELL Building Standards.
- New build assessments aligned to the Home Quality Mark (HQM) requirements to meet the latest Building Regulations.
- We’re supporting employers with detailed risk assessments of indoor air quality in line with CIBSE COVID-19 Ventilation Guidance and other models.
CWCT Onsite Testing
Stroma Built Environment is a member of the Centre for Windows and Cladding Technology (CWCT), working with construction clients to ensure buildings facades are weather and watertight. Using the latest Hose Testing and Spray Bar Testing techniques. Benefits include:
- Ability to accurately simulate the source of leakage to discover and resolve it.
- Ability to accurately confirm whether windows, cladding and facades are watertight.
- Offer reassurance that the façade will perform as expected.
- Work with a third party to ensure UKAS Certification requirements.
Topographical Land Surveys
Stroma Built Environment carries out GPS and laser scanning technology to provide CAD digital representations for large-scale commercial sites and new build residential projects. The Topographical Survey will include spatial information about all the natural or man-made features relating to your site, including:
- Service Covers
- Street Furniture
- Road Markings
- Car Parking
- Drainage Features
- Surrounding Buildings (Ridge and Eave heights)
- Natural Gradients
- Trees and other Vegetation
- Water Channels (Lakes, Ponds, and Streams)
Stroma Built Environment provides PCN Certified Thermography Surveys and Inspections to identify heat loss in buildings and recommend remedial actions to improve energy efficiency and thermal comfort for occupants, whilst reducing overall running costs. Working with residential and commercial developments to identify:
- Non-invasive and Cost Effective Solutions
- Maintains Energy and Environmental Requirements
- Identifies Structural Flaws
- Identifies Material Weaknesses
- Identifies Installation Errors
Stroma Built Environment provides efficient and accurate Drone Surveys using specialist UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) CAA-accredited drone pilots to conduct surveys on prospective building sites and to monitor buildings in use.
Stroma Specialist Access is one of the UK’s leading providers of Drone Survey provision for the difficult access inspection and maintenance services in the field of rail, highways, and buildings inspection. The benefits include:
- Deployment of UAVs can be completed quickly to action projects at short notice.
- Drones cover ground more quickly to capture larger sites more easily.
- Cost efficiencies can be found by reducing site visits – also de-risking the project in terms of Health & Safety process.
- The supply of photographs of the site as it progresses to help ongoing planning.
- Receiving highly accurate volumetrics.
- Complementing traditional Site Surveys.
Measured Building Surveys
Stroma Built Environment can perform a Measured Building Survey for all project types, using the latest in 3D laser scanning technology to produce 3D building surveys in BIM-compliant formats for clients including Jaguar Land Rover, Lancaster University, and the Arcadia Group. The benefits include:
- An accurate plan of the building, its layout and architecture.
- Provide data with millimetre accuracy.
- Bespoke to customer specification.
- Able to produce floor plans either for small residential projects to larger scale residential or commercial construction plans.
- Produce elevations to include either basic linework or full architectural details.
- Capture information in the building survey to include cross sections and ceiling plans
Stroma Built Environment and expert 3D Modelling Consultants works with Architects, Main Contractors, Builders and Building Owners, to create a three-dimensional point cloud of a building using the latest laser scanning technologies. Including BIM-compliant models, 3D topographical land surveys, VR modelling and walkthrough models. 3D Modelling can enable:
- The building owner to visualise the project during construction or investigate data for an operational building.
- Easily capture data needs, pinpointing millimetre accuracy and incorporating existing point cloud and survey data where necessary.
- Support of the construction industry with building safety, environmental sustainability, and regulatory compliance services from start to finish.
- Include changes in building regulations and environmental legislation to ensure development and maintenance of accurate property data in a common digital format.
- The ability to build sophisticated 3D building models which provide our clients with the required building information details.