Stroma Built Environment provides Air Tightness Testing and Consultancy services from initial design stages to achieve air permeability targets, planning requirements, UKAS Building Regulations Part L, and BREEAM for planning and building regulations.
Stroma Built Environment offers complementary services for UKAS Accredited Air Tightness Testing for Part L Compliance. Our accreditation is limited to those activities described on our UKAS schedule of accreditation.
Air Tightness Consultancy
Stroma Built Environment provides Air Tightness Consultancy services from initial design stages to achieve air permeability targets, planning requirements, Building Regulations Part L, and BREEAM. Helping to identify potential air tightness improvements, reduce overall construction costs, and minimise risks before construction projects break ground, including:
- Desktop Design Reviews.
- Architectural Drawing Reviews.
- Pre-test Site Inspections.
- Air Tightness Testing.
- Online Design Reviews and Design Workshops.
Air Sealing Testing Services
Stroma Built Environment provides Remedial and Temporary Air Sealing and Fire Stopping Services to reduce risks of air leakage, in the event of a fire or where a building has failed its air tightness testing. Working within commercial premises, such as retail spaces, schools, and hospitals, as well as climate-sensitive areas, including museums and galleries. Identifying:
- Gaps between walls, ceilings, or floors.
- Inadequate sealing between doors or architraves.
- Other areas of air leakage, via smoke testing methods.
Passivhaus Consultancy Services
Stroma Built Environment provides Passivhaus certification services with a certified consultant that will provide guidance and confidence throughout the whole construction project enabling developers to meet strict airtightness and energy efficiency targets. Including:
- The Space Heating Energy Demand must not exceed 15 kWh per square metre of net living space.
- The total energy to be used for domestic applications (such as hot water and heating) must not exceed 60 kWh per square meter.
- The building must be very airtight, with no more than 0.6 air changes per hour at 50 Pascals pressure.
- Thermal Comfort Living areas are not to exceed 25 °C for more than 10% of yearly hours.
Other Bespoke Testing
Stroma Built Environment provides other Air testing packages including Plenums, Room integrity Remedial Air Sealing.
- We ensure Plenums are correctly sealed for air tightness testing.
- We offer Room Integrity Testing for Gaseous Fire Suppression Systems.
- We deliver compliance testing for Remedial Air Sealing and Fire Stopping Services to reduce risks of air leakage, or in the event of a fire.