Stroma is committed to providing a high-quality Energy Statement that helps you achieve compliance and meet your carbon reduction goals.
From compliance with The London Plan to other planning applications set by Local Authorities, our Energy and Sustainability Statements are tailored to meet your specific needs and ensure your project meets your zero carbon targets.
What is an Energy Statement?
An Energy Statement is a document that outlines the energy performance of a building and how it complies with the relevant environmental and sustainability targets.
It considers factors like design, construction, materials, and the running costs of a development. It also details how you plan to reduce carbon emissions through low-carbon technologies or renewable energy sources.
The overall aim of the statement is to reduce environmental impact and create a more sustainable building.
Energy Statements help you:
- Comply with Local Planning Authorities
- Earn BREEAM credits
- Achieve Building Regulations Part L compliance
- Meet zero carbon targets
What does an Energy and Sustainability Statement Include?
An Energy and Sustainability Statement (also known as a Building Energy Analysis Report) includes an in-depth analysis of the energy efficiency and performance of a building. It assesses the current level of energy consumption, identifies opportunities for improvement, and informs decision-making about the most cost-effective measures to implement.
The contents can vary depending on the Local Authorities’ planning requirements, but a statement typically includes:
- An assessment of current energy performance based on historical data and usage patterns.
- A review of existing legal requirements that must be adhered to, such as insulation and lighting.
- Suggestions for improvements that can be made to reduce energy consumption or increase efficiency.
- Financial projections outlining potential savings associated with implementing different measures.
- A clear roadmap for achieving the proposed improvements.
Why do you need an Energy Statement?
Most Local Authorities ask you to submit an Energy Statement as evidence of compliance with building regulations, which mandate that all new buildings (and some existing ones) show efficient use of energy.
The statement also serves as an important monitoring device, ensuring that all relevant legal requirements are met and any identified opportunities for improvement are made promptly.
Other reasons for obtaining a statement include:
- Holds important information to ensure efficient and sustainable use of energy in construction or renovation projects.
- Outlines the predicted demand for energy, as well as strategies for reducing consumption and using renewable sources.
- Gives accurate information on a property’s expected energy use for greater clarity and precision when planning.
- Helps reduce running costs over the life cycle of the building while promoting environmental sustainability.
At Stroma Built Environment, we provide comprehensive and detailed Energy Statements that help you meet current regulations, industry standards, and best practice guidelines.
Sustainability Statement Benefits
Having an Energy and Sustainability Statement in place not only protects your business by ensuring compliance, it can also have a positive, long-term impact on the building owners, occupants, and environment.
- Increases the property’s value
- Improves energy efficiency
- Lowers energy costs
- Reduces environmental impact
Generate lifetime value through collaboration with our expert team, who can quickly interpret changing environmental and sustainability legislation to keep your project on track.